adidas recently announced in its website that the Philippine edition of the 2013 King of the Road will be held on July 7 at Bonifacio Global City. Just like last year, it will be followed by races in Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia.
The Singapore event is set on Sept. 11 followed by Thailand (Sept. 8), Indonesia (Sept. 29) and Malaysia (Oct. 20).
Here in the Philippines, the event is divided into 7 categories and they are:
- 16.8km Men's Closed (Filipino Only)
- 16.8km Women's Closed (Filipino Only)
- 16.8km Men's Open (All Nationalities)
- 16.8km Women's Open (All Nationalities)
- 10km Men's Open (For All Nationalities)
- 10km Women's Open (All Nationalities)
- 10km Relay Male Students run first 5K, Female Students run second 5K (All Nationalities, Students only)
adidas announced that they are giving discount to those who will register as a group.
- Group of 10 runners = Php100 off each
- Group of 15 runners = Php150 off each
- Group of 20 runners = Php 200 off each
You can likewise register at the following adidas outlets.
- adidas Trinoma
- adidas Megamall
- adidas Powerplant
- adidas Greenbelt 3
- adidas Two Parkade/BGC
- Runnr Bonifacio High Street
- adidas Mall of Asia
Here are the prerequisites to join the 10K relay.
- Each Relay Pair must be made up of one male and one female runner.
- Runners may be from different schools.
- Registration can only be done in the offline registration booths.
- Runners must each bring valid school IDs to the registration booths as proof.
- Runners must be 25 years old or below to sign up in this category.
Here are the KOTR vest designs and sizes.
By the way if you are wondering who won the Southeast Asia King of the Road title last year, here is my piece on the results.