Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A run over Ortigas flyover


I've been wondering how it would be like running on the Ortigas flyover, one of the Metro Manila's highest flyovers, since I started running. I've ran over the Buendia bridge connecting Taguig's Global City to the side of Makati. I've run the widest street, and to some extent the most accident-prone road, in the Metropolis when I competed in the QCIM. Imagine, running in the middle of the six-lane Commonwealth road.

Years back, Diana Zubiri did a controversial pictorial on the Mandaluyong flyover. But I don't see how a running event will be controversial this time. So I am looking forward to this gig.

And so on May 22, I will have the opportunity to cross EDSA via Ortigas flyover together with 1,000 runners when the first Greenhills Village Run fires off at the Northeast Greenhills La Salle Street in San Juan City.

I love the cool idea of limiting the number of participants to 1,000. This way, the race will be safer.

Those who wish to enjoy a run over EDSA via Ortigas flyover can choose to race in the 3K, 5K and 10K events. Registration for all events cost P400 which include, according to organizers, a dri-fit singlet while timing is by MyLaps Bib Tag.

For more information you can call  at 727-6166 or 727-9987.

No comments:

Post a Comment