Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Timberland, here I come...



I really enjoyed the Merrel Adventure Run when it was held at Wawa Dam in Rodriguez, Rizal a few years back.

During that race, I think half of the field got lost in the mountains because the markers that should have showed a left turn was not visible. And the barangay tanod who was supposed to be manning the spot where the runners should be making the left turn was called for duty by the barangay captain.

We were there up in the hills just standing, taking pictures from our cellphone, not knowing which way to run until someone shouted for us to negotiate the trail back and showed us the "right" way.
Nonetheless it was a great experience. I remember sliding down a steep hill after I jump and landed on dry leaves. That fall resulted to a speedy descent down the hill next to the spot where I rappelled down a 90 degree slope. I  passed several houses after that and reached a stream that leads to the Wawa Dam.

And just when I thought I was near the finish line, the marshals led us to negotiate the boulders as big as dump trucks near the bottom of the dam.

I failed to get my finisher's medal cause I entered the finish line a few minutes off the deadline set by the organizers.

But up to this moment, that experience brings a smile and a rush of adrenalin. I've conquered Wawa Dam!!!

So on June 18, Timberland here I come!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment