Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Denolo, Yuson top Immuvit Fearless Challenge trail run 2012

Denolo and Yuson proudly presented their trophies after
the awarding ceremonies.

First I would like to congratulate University of Santo Tomas (UST) runner Roger Denolo and Cecile Yuson of the Philippine Navy for topping their respective male and female10k categories in the   Immuvit Fearless Challenge Trail Run 2012 held last Sunday morning inside the La Mesa Nature Reserve Forest in Quezon City.

Congratulations should likewise go to Kimbet Sarmiento for winning the men's 5K event and Darling Jonafer Real for topping the distaff categoy of the same event.  

Then of course, congratulations, should likewise go the organizers Without Limits  and its main sponsor Immuvit.

This is one of the  best trail runs I've joined and finished. The organizers put the safety of the runners first by sending us wave by wave instead of a mass start. I think it was a good decision to limit the number of runners. 


Like any races I've joined, the event organizers helped the runners to warm up for the challenges of the competition and in this race, the challenges are not the route alone but several obstacles.



The first obstacle is the burning log. This is actually easy because all you need to do is jump over it. But when you have ran 10 kilometers and you need to jump over it again before reaching the finish line, then it becomes a real challenge.


Another one of the easier obstacles was the mud crawl. I've crawled on several obstacles like this but this is not what I expected. This is not a mud crawl but a crawl over used sacks.



From my experience, I think the Log Hurdles was my biggest challenge. I had a hard time climbing over logs and jumping over it. My second biggest challenge was the Military Wall not because I had a hard time climbing but I failed to figure out how to go down the wall and landed on my butt.


Another easy challenge was the Tire Walk. Compared to jumping over burning logs, walking through a series of tires is I believe the easiest among the obstacles.


Because of the risk involved in climbing a Mud Wall, participants must have thought it was the hardest obstacle. It was actually easier climbing the mud wall than negotiating the muddy trail that greeted the runners after going over the obstacle.


Before reaching the mud wall, participants must go down a stream and walk a 20-meter stretch. I think it was the running cold water rather than the depth of the water which got into me.




Again, thanks to the organizes and to Immuvit for providing such an experience to remember. My butt is still aching, but I had one hell of an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment